Monday, September 20, 2010

A glimpse of JOYFUL action... Captured to share


The past few days, I've been working on an exciting new project in my studio. This morning--when I walked in and turned on the light... I was *taken* with the sight of countless *JOYFUL* projects arranged all over my "big" drawing table (and covering most of my "small" drawing table, too!!) *Bliss* Richly textured, colorful, vibrant, pleasant, inviting *Bliss*

Usually, my "big" drawing table is reserved for current "Administrative" projects, because it's situated close to my computer desk (which is small--and needs to borrow some surface area from it's neighboring table!!)

Friday afternoon, around 5:00, I "clocked out" of my day job... and turned off my computer until Monday morning. My mission was to dig into a new project. It was hard to spend time inside with the *gorgeous* weather we've been having---but I knew I really wanted to get some work done... Get some work "OUT" of my mind, and onto the page... into the pages of a SERIES of new (handmade) books, actually!!

So--I decided to spend some time outdoors--absolutely... And to also enjoy some "quality time" inside, in my studio. And, today, I feel good :) Passionate production... Playful processes... Prolific plethora... P-p-p-p-pretty JOYFUL to me!!


2 comments:

denean said...

PLEASE allow me the PLEASURE of PARTAKING in your PLAYTIME!
I NEED to get off the 'puter and create too!!

Dawn Conover said...

Thanks, Denean!! Looking forward to our PRESCRIBED PARTICIPATORY PLAYTIME :)

Post a Comment